Going strong to defeat

Hello! and to answer any questions... I am still alive!! Yeah me! First I want to thank you to all of you that have listened to my podcast and have been following me. I truly am grateful. These past 2 weeks have been a doozy. In fact it is actually like 3 weeks now. Any ways I want to share with you my past few weeks. Linda and I have two anniversary's one when we were married civilly and the other one is when we got sealed in the Denver Temple. This year our civil anniversary we had a really bad time and mostly because I lost my drivers license and instead of going to Wendover for a fun get away on a fun bus (No drinking, and mostly eating and the bus ride) So, since I messed it up we decided to go to Midway and have a night diner and get away in the Mtns. of Heber valley. We had a great time. The next day we went for a hike up Dog Lake with Bella, Linda and myself. It is a 2 mile hike round trip I believe maybe 1 mile... seemed like it was 2 miles. Anyways, I made it a good ways up and with my bad legs and back and the hill getting steeper and steeper, I decided that I did enough and we headed back down. I think I did a great job considering. The week prior I tried to go swimming and walk Bella as much as I could to prepare.

Well, then comes the defeat. I woke up the next morning with a spider bite. I thought nothing of it and went about my business. The next day it was not looking so good and was hurting and I was a bit scared. Since I carry the MRSA staff infection boils and sores have the potential to get nasty in a hurry. So I immediately went to our Dr. On Demand App and she thought it was infected and MRSA and gave me some meds. It was not getting better so the next couple days I went to the InstaCare at the UofU and he drained some of the infection and sent me on my way. Well I did another Dr. on Demand and then we decided to go to ER at the UofU since the redness had spread and it was full on MRSA nastiness. He had to numb me up, cut it, drain it, and give me pain meds.

So as I start getting healthy, walking, hiking, eating good.. the depression of my health, my body and my busy work schedule I just did not do anything, ate a lot, and could not even go swimming. I have found a program I am going to get on (disclose the name at a future date) but it is one thing after another.


This past week was good and my sore is healing and I plan on getting back to my swimming routine soon. Yesterday I got tickets to go see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in concert for our Pioneer days and I walked at least a mile yesterday fro the KSL parking lot to the Church Conference Center downtown and back.

For a 400 lb. dude, I must say that at least I keep going, that I keep trying and that I will never give up, even though it is a daily, hourly and minute by minute struggle. I plan on starting a lot better in August in honor my my mom who passed away in 2002. She would want me to be healthy.

All the best to all of you and I will do my best to get another podcast episode soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey & battle - DAY 11

The push for greatness!

Hi my name is Ryan aka PICKLE