Spring fever, thank goodness for indoor pools

Thanks goodness for those days it is cold, grey and not green and blue. Wait, what... yeah that means you can find me at the pool working out indoors!!! (But seriously, can it be Spring already?)

In my last post I stated that we were going to get a gym membership, and I can happily report that we have gone almost every night these past couple of weeks or so. You can see in the image that there is the lanes for those that want to do laps and Linda and I have been doing about 8 laps or so and then they have water aerobics with this fun lady and it has been great! I really have to watch my knees and joints so that I do not damage them more until I get to a healthier weight. So swimming is awesome!! The place we go is about 2 or 3 blocks away from our apartment and it comes with classes, gym, running laps, pool, and all the usual stuff. At the first I was getting so tired and bogged down after we went swimming that I would fall right to sleep. I have noticed that my back is not hurting as much, I sleep a lot better and walking is much more enjoyable. I do on occasion go on the treadmill and walk for about 8 minutes or so.. I am working up to 15 and then onward and upward.

Status report on things thus far. So we are doing better at prepping meals, and creating healthy grocery items and staying away from starches, sugars and fast food... for the most part. I will tell you that if you are trying to loose weight, and you have a crazy schedule like mine - food prepping is #1 on anyones list. It gets you through those times you could easily just go out to eat, the vending machine or grab a bite from what your bosses feed you. By the way, Pizza is this fix all to all company parties and functions... can't we be more original... please.... Pizza is my number one thing to binge on, and oh by the way we are having pizza at work today, Surprise!! "rrrr, dang you pepperoni, dang you!!!!"

Some time ago I purchased from Amazon these bento boxes and they allow us to store, and prep meals or "lunch Boxes" as we call them for the day. I will chime in next week on our food items and grocery strategy. I just want to give everybody an update on what is going on and that I am still in the fight.

Oh yeah, so I weighed myself last week and I am at 390 lbs. officially. I thought since November that I was up to 400 or more.. but I am at 390, which I am good with because I never want to be 400 again but it is sad because I went from 374 to 390... Dang you holidays and all that freakin' amazing dishes that make life so much fun.... oh and lets have pizza too... wo.

Anyways, I will chat at you later, I am falling asleep. Chow, Bella!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey & battle - DAY 11

The push for greatness!

Back in saddle again