Back from the blur - It's been crazy!

I realized that it has been since September that I have kept up with this blog. From Sept. until now it really has been a fast paced, life changing and very challenging blur.

We hit some health issues, some time schedule issues and travel issues. Having one car has made our crazy lives even crazier. I suppose the last thing that I remember around that time is I got sick a lot with MRSA and was dealing with Comcast and trying not to get fired with the little bit I could be there. I remember they sent me home with the fear of God when they found out what MRSA is. I got to go back to work for a little while but the points were adding up fast and trying to work out with HR and filing crazy reports to keep it alive was getting more and more challenging.

I do not want to go to much in detail over these long few months, however I really want to touch base on some highlights and lows for you the reader.

I left Comcast and was given the option to work part time as contractor for Vutiliti (www.vutiliti.com) and was assigned to create a lengthy marketing brochure and supporting graphic materials for the sales team. I was able to leave Comcast and work on things I really like to do rather than hearing complaining customers. It has been super fun, challenging and crazy all rolled up into one.

That has allowed me to continue freelancing, and working on my PODCAST - Biz4goodshow.com!
This really has become a super fun passion of mine. I mean it is the best. I get to sit down and meet super amazing, powerful and inspirational people and have fun with a great and dear sweet friend Bobby Glen James. We just celebrated our 52nd episode and into our 2nd season. The picture is when I interviewed the LUVTRU crew and former Miss Utah! I was then asked to speak at an event on bullying and how I overcame and achieved my dreams of graphic design. IT WAS AWESOME!!

Linda still works at Comcast and she got to promote herself, and she got a raise. She also moved to the 4th floor and to an earlier shift. Which with one car presented new challenges. But I am so proud of what Linda has accomplished!!!

We also have been looking at ways we can start working on our family and start seeing if there is a slight possibility for a baby. We have been working through U of U fertility center and we have run into some positive things, and some frustrating things. Through this we have been on a study and Linda got a Free Fitbit and we both get paid to take this study. I have had to stay away from multi-vitamins and had to take a pill that is either the real thing or a fake. It is a 6 month study and it has been challenging. I have to take a survey each day and remember to take my pill. Linda's Fitbit syncs up with the program and they are watching her activity.


I also have joined an amazing group that supports men and helps them foster friends, better relationships with spouses, and not be shamed in a world that is attacking men right now. I joined the Tribe of Kyngs (Tribeofkyngs.com) about 4 months ago and I go with Bobby and Carey Wright. I have met Mark Eaton of the Utah Jazz and it was created by Richard Paul Evens. (Author of the Christmas box) and he is at every meeting and loves to hug and has become a great friend.

Since this blog is really about my weight loss journey I am going to get down to the nitty and gritty of some things. With my stay in the hospital for cellulitis, then my several attacks and bed rest from MRSA and one car, keeping on the program we started on Feb. really become impossible. We were having more and more hard times taking the pills. I could not fast on fast days and was asked not to exercise for some time as I was recovering. Going into November I knew that the next few months were going to be Thanksgiving, Christmas holiday parties, Linda's Birthday and then New Years... IT WAS ROUGH!!!! Yes, I had great memories, Yes, I had lots of fun and great food... but I have paid the price... I have not dared to weigh myself and would estimate that I am up to 400 LBS :(

What I am doing now; Since the holidays are over I am back to monitoring my meals with MyFitness Pal and I am working on a 7 Day challenge were I journal 7 days and do my best for the week, taking my supplements and checking in and getting some steps in. My goal is to get a Fitbit Ionic and I will be purchasing this week a Rec. Center Membership for both Linda and I at Holladay Lions Fitness center and I can swim, and all sorts of stuff and go on the machines. Linda can do free yoga classes and we are still committed to do better this year in 2018. It will be challenging but we have to do it regardless or our lives and the way of life we want will be in jeopardy. Linda got a CamelBack back pack and we plan on going on several hikes. Not to mention that I did hike last year and did some pretty amazing hike and made it up a really hard hiking paths to a private lake by Alta ski resort.

So dont give up me yet. My goal is still 350 by May 17th my birthday and I am positive I can do it!!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey & battle - DAY 11

The push for greatness!

Back in saddle again