From sarows, come joy!

Last entry was on July 2nd and there has been so much that July has brought and so much that has taken away. It has been filled with the joy of watching fireworks, getting out into nature and overcoming hardships both physical, emotional and spiritual. I get word back from Linda that there are some or a lot of you that read this and I am deeply thankful. My sincerest hope is that you find something that can help you in your life as you read about mine.

Linda lost her sweet Wanna Mae and as you might or might no know, Linda is my Linda Mae as they share the same purposeful middle name. I would say that a few weeks or so went by and one of my co-workers passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. It was one of the hardest work weeks of my call center career. I sat by him for nearly 7 months or so. He was a fun, caring person. His dedication to Comcast was very impressive. Even in a company that is all dress down he still came dressed nice.
Derrick Hall it was a pleasure to have known you.



Moving on to finding joy and the purpose of this journal is of course about my health. I am not dropping large amount of weight and my lifestyle right now is not as rigged in nature as I am now trying to find balance with me, my life and my body.

I was recently weighed in at 374 just recently. I have purchased a scale and check it just one day per week. I am not in battle with calories, I am in battle with exercise, healthy and clean eating and being more active. My goal was to be at 350 by my mothers birthday (passed away in 2001) and I know that will not happen. However I am on track to be there by the end of the year. The counting the calories, the daily journal and the many, many and many pills needed a break.

I have gotten rid of 100% cheese, 100% Milk, and I went to drinking no water a day to at least 3/4 gallon of water. I walk daily longer than I have ever walked before at this weight, and I have gone on 2 hikes for around a mile (uphill mind you) and go on the treadmill about 3 times per week. (except recently)

I want to thank Linda, Jay for a great hike up to this Cecret Lake spelled with a "C"and it was very daunting for a person like me. There is some amazing wild flowers up the Little Cottonwood Canyon and we hiked a very nice hike so I thought and then it got... insane! It was a nice slop and then it went from hiking to mountain climbing for beginners. It took me some time, lots of coaxing from Linda and the support of Jay to make it up this insane switchback mountain side to a "Secluded" lake. As I went down the hill, I kept saying to myself... "I really walked all this up hill?" I did it, I actually made it up this thing and lived. I am very proud of myself.



Going from this experience has not prepared me to what happened next. I some years ago, got MRSA and it is a very strong Bacteria that is very hard to treat and can be contagious. However I got a Dr. Note saying that I could go to work.

I am grateful for my doctor and so grateful for "ROCKY" a very lovely and top nurse at the Holladay Clinic. So I have missed a lot of work and the future is unknown right now and I am glad that my sore is getting better. I am excited for new adventures along the way. I am grateful for the time I get to spend with Bobby Glen James on the Podcast project and I am so blessed to meet amazing and inspirational people in my life!!

I am finally getting tired so I will end it by saying that sometimes you just have to go in blindly to and take faith that things and life will work out in the end.

Also, our Cat Nala ran-away... :(
She got injured a bit and then we had to keep her indoors, and she moaned, cried, and meowed me to death with no stopping after a few weeks, I had enough. I let her out late Friday 30th night and she has not come back, now going on 9 days. We miss her, it is very lonely here as well. We are praying for our Nala to come home or that she is not suffering or did not suffer. We will miss you a lot (8 or so years with us)



*I will give you an update on my weight as best as I can. Total weight lost since Feb. 2017 is....(Drumroll)  59 lbs.

Have a great day and remember you life matters and I am so honored to share these thoughts with you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey & battle - DAY 11

The push for greatness!

Back in saddle again