The Midway Hump

It has been a few weeks since I last wrote and shared the progress on our health journey. Also regarding my leg status, I now wear compression socks and they are a beast to put on daily. Plus washing them every night has been so much fun.. not. Good news though, my swelling has gone down and the redness is getting better, in the new blog I might even show a updated picture.

My goal to lose 100 lbs has been very eye opening experience in so many facets. It is now almost the mid way point to the 100 down and that is the good news, I am actually losing weight. I have wrestled with just getting off 2 lbs in a month, and mostly if anything I keep gaining. It is hard to believe that a year ago I was pushing 450 and little by little and lots of sacrifice the results are starting to show.

My goal is set to lose at least the 50 and then some for my 41st birthday on May 17th, and today I learned that I have officially lost 46 lbs. So only 4 more to go!!! But this is where it gets tricky. I say tricky because at the first of a "new lifestyle" change you are excited to hit the ground running and you are laser focused.


I have went from these emotions so far; Upset that I can not drink milk, bread, sugars, and burgers and then the emotions of wonder. You start feeling grumpy, then angry then you go from that to feeling great! You notice that some symptoms are going away, and you start feeling better. The foods you thought were your babies start to sound awful, and taboo even. The thought of greasy fast food starts to make you sick. Then you hit the cleanse process were all bets are off and you feel that there is no way you can just drink lemon juice and water for 5 days straight. The pills are starting to make you want to hurl from just the thought of them as well. You get through it, you did it!! but then comes more temptations, more trials. The fight must go on, the change for the better has to be the end and long term goal.

So, along with going to the hospital for cellulitis and then getting my leg wrapped for a month, exercise and your spirits get down.

So the midway point has proven to be my next big challenge. One thing I must point out in all of this, is to have the financial resources available so you can have the right food. The dollar menus and fast items start looking like the best option. They trick your mind so you think it is o.k. ~ but it is not o.k. My encouragement for anyone trying and lose weight, is to make sure that you have the financial backing to stay strong, along with TIME! Oh, precious time!

I must come clean and be 100% honest in all of this and let you all know that last week was horrible and I ate horribly. I had lots of pizzas, chocolates, nachos and even Taco Bell (Yuck) I basically said that that week was a wash and yesterday I started all over again committed to my end game results.

You start getting sick of the items you eat, you start feeling depressed from life and trials. To add insult to injury my work likes to show their love by having potlucks, parties, food trolleys and on and on. It seems that pizza is the most easiest food item for call centers, so pizza my most favorite thing other than burgers is my weak point. I gave in, and as I put it... "Purge, and start again next week" mentality. Thus the midway hump. Getting back into a new way of living is hard. It is not natural, it takes lots of trial and error to get it right and for me the biggest trial is breakfast and getting home late from work.

I will move forward realizing it takes some time and little tiny steps in the right direction over a long time that will show the results. Rome wasn't built in a day, same can be said that by next year with the compound effect http://thecompoundeffect.com/ I will be down the 100 lbs.

Thanks again to those that read this blog, have commented and have shared your inspirational thoughts and have been so awesome in supporting Linda and I. BTW Linda lost 3 lbs and we are doing are best in this new way of living! Also, thanks to Michelle and Dr. Elmore and the entire staff at Elevated Health Utah ~ much love! See you in a week or so! BYE!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey & battle - DAY 11

The push for greatness!

Back in saddle again