Nurse... another jello pack please.

So, we were just minding our own business and getting ready to go on to round 2 of a 3 day detox in our 12 week program. We had purchased the lemons, gearing up for the prep days and moving forward. Then out of nowhere... BAM!! I wound up in admitted in the hospital...

I had just celebrated my small goal of being under 400 lbs. and it was amazing!!

It all started with me ripping off my big toe nail, but not the reason why I was admitted into the hospital. To make a long story short let's just say that it was a series of unfortunate events. Friday night Linda and I saw the new Beauty and the Beast. Right after the movie I got the chills really bad and later that night I checked on my temperature, it was 100 degrees and held steady all night. I had to do a 10 hour shift on Saturday and headed to work feeling like crap. I stayed about 3 hours and then decided to go home in a lot of back pain and no energy.

As I laid on our coach and after taking a nap, my fever was back and we decided to go to instacare to see why my leg was bright red. My left leg has had health issues for some some time, and recently was told I had Eczema and was taking some cortisone spray to help resolve it. It was pretty messed up anyways but on Saturday it was bright red and burning. The instacare people sent me to ER right away with a temperature of 101 and by the time I got to the hospital 20 minutes later I had a fever of 102. A team of people were waiting for me and the redness was moving up my leg. I was given two IV lines, one for each arm and then about 2 hours or so I was admitted to the hospital for strong antibiotics and to get more blood work. I spent these past 3 days getting lots of pokes, and even the IV's replaced and put in by a team of the Life Flight Crew. I had some great nurses and aids and spend most of the day sleeping and watching TV. I was worried that my leg would never heal and that I would spend the rest of my life in the hospital despite my wife's reassurances that we would be out in a day or two.
Luckily, on day 3 and on the day that would have been our 3rd and final detox day, I was released. During this time I gained 7 lbs and now weight 406 lbs. I was not sure if I was to take my supplements and the food options were not that aligned to our lifestyle change.

I am now on meds to help with my leg that we found out was a cellulitis infection and it is very bad and no fun at all. It might take over a year to get my leg to normal. In the picture of my leg you will see some lines around my calf, they marked my redness and the top line is where it got to. The redness is not like the picture below. It was like a dark deep red and was very swollen. Trust me when I say it looks a lot better now. Also is a pic of my bruised arm from the first IV put in. The medication being pumped in is hash on veins and they had to redo it. I am hopeful that we will stay on this program and continue to lose the weight. My goal is 335 lbs. by May 17th to have lost 100 lbs on my birthday!

Also, I want to take this time to thank my amazing wife for putting up with me in a hospital room for 3 days. She had a decent fold out bed and played solitare with a real deck of cards. We had a nice game of war. I also want to thank those that visited me while I was there and it was a great blessing to see you and feel your support! Thanks!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey & battle - DAY 11

The push for greatness!

Back in saddle again