Hi my name is Ryan aka PICKLE

Hello web people! This blog is all about my journey to get healthy in 2017, but first I must let you know why my name is Pickle.

My last name is Pilkington and I served a LDS mission in 1995-1997 some would say a very long time ago. I am now 40 and will be turning 41 in May. My health has gone from bad to downright dangerous. I currently weigh 420 lbs. and I am proud to say that through this new lifestyle I am about to document that I have lost 12 lbs. Back to the nickname of "Pickle" - I served my mission on the Navajo Reservation for the most part and it was amazing. Since we go by Elder Pilkington, the locals started calling me Elder Pickle. Before I knew it everybody was calling me Elder Pickle. When I got home I kept the nickname to this day.

So now to the health journey, I recently got hired at Comcast Universal and I work in the Payment services department. I basically ask for money all day long. From this job I was able to get into a 12 week program to lose weight. My wife and I are now on Day 8, and it has become a blessing but a huge change. No carbs, no fruit for 22 days, and lots of veggies and salads and no SUGAR....ahhh!!

My food cravings for fast food is through the roof but I have to be proud that I have not had a soda pop, milk, or any sweets of any kind for 8 days... may the force be with me.

Thanks to Elevated health for all the support and feedback! Links to follow..


Comments

  1. Pickle, this is great! I can't wait to hear about your progress! It totally isn't worth it to give into those cravings, so give a shout out when you feel weak.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The journey & battle - DAY 11

The push for greatness!

Back in saddle again