The journey & battle - DAY 11

Howdy, I want to thank all those that took a moment to read the last post. I am now on day 11 of my 84 day journey to lose weight and be healthy. Linda wanted me to let you know what my bad health journey has looked like.

The past few years I have weighed over 400 lbs, my back and knees constantly hurt and daily things that most take for granite like to tie shoes, button your pants up and walking in the park were and still are a daily battle. I get lots of boils and skin problems and rashes from my extra fluff.

I knew it was time to take back my life these past few years and thanks to our jobs at comcast that we finally got the chance to get help.

I am now on Day 11 and day 3 out of 5 on a Detox in which I only drink distilled water and 64 oz of Lemonade freshly squeezed and pure maple syrup for 5 days and no food.

 



Well day 3 is today and Comcast took us out to Carvers Restaurant for doing a great job at work. It is basically a Steak house and it is for sure one of the best steak houses around SLC. I decided to go and do my best to mingle and was told to have just a small amount and grilled veggies. Well... I did amazing considering I was smack in the middle of all of my favorite things in the world. MEAT, POTATOES, BREAD, AND CHEESE. I passed up every temptation that came my way. I had just some grilled veggies and spinach salad. **I will post this experience separate ~ This ended really cool, were I gave away my food to the security guard and made his night!


These past days have been very eye opening to me and my relationship to food. I used it for stress, I used it for depression and I used it to be numb to my life. Sugars and high protein meat removed from me and the lack of milk, and caffeine has shown me that we as a society are on a fast track to death. I am looking forward to the future knowing that I can eat healthy and eat well. These 84 days are more dialed down to jump start me on my way to a better tomorrow. Bike rides, walks, getting on a airline and much more is what I am looking forward to do, and the burgers and fries, the pizza's, and pasta's will not have control on me no more. I will however eat them on rare and careful occasions understanding the balance that is key to being healthy.

If you are interested in learning more of the diet I am doing and more - look for my next post and I will share more about this and more of my health journey.


Comments

  1. Good for you! You and Linda are true examples of a life change for the better. Love to read about your journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration keep up the good work my brother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The push for greatness!

Back in saddle again